Monday, April 14, 2008

Journal Prompts, Week 11

Hey Guys,

I'll spare you another revision reminder, but seriously...
OK, that's all I've got. Here are your journal entries for this week. Because we're moving into your last inquiry project, we're going to be starting to post on broader topics, as well as doing some stuff that pertains directly to our op-ed. Hope you're all having a good week, hang in there!
Best,
Elliot

Monday, April 14th
Fill in the blanks (with more than just a word, obviously): "Writing is like ______, revision is like _____"


Wednesday, April 16th
Here's a poem by Philip Booth:

First Lesson

Lie back, daughter, let your head
be tipped back in the cup of my hand.
Gently, and I will hold you. Spread
your arms wide, lie out on the stream
and look high at the gulls. A dead-
man's-float is face down. You will dive
and swim soon enough where this tidewater
ebbs to the sea. Daughter, believe
me, when you tire on the long thrash
to your island, lie up, and survive.
As you float now, where I held you
and let go, remember when fear
cramps your heart what I told you:
lie gently and wide to the light-year
stars, lie back, and the sea will hold you.


Describe your own experience of learning something new.

Friday, April 18th
This is a yearbook picture of a guy. What is he up to now? Make up a story about him.

No comments: